Our Quick Method for Fringing a Garment in 5 Minutes!
In this post we're going to share with you our method for fringing. Using this method we're able to fringe a t-shirt in about 5 minutes (sometimes even less!)
Now obviously not everyone would be able to do it that fast, but if you use this method you can definitely shave some minutes off your fringe time.
What You Will Need:
- Sewing Machine
- Fringes (Would be hard to fringe without these don't you think?)
- The Garment
(PS, Fringes, Ribbons and Thread are available in our store, just click on them to go to the link)
- Before you start to sew you want to make sure that you wrap the ends of the fringes and ribbon over each over (this helps to stop the fringe from unravelling) , then place them both on the border of your garment as shown below
- Using a zigzag stitch sew the ribbon on to the fringe and garment.
- Keep going around the garment until you get to the end, you want to make sure that you finish just the same way you started so that the fringes don't unravel.
- That's It!
Now What Makes This The Quickest Method?
This method is quick because of 2 main things:
- You're fringing the ribbon and fringe at the same time!
- You're using a zigzag stitch!
These two help decrease your fringing time as they limit the amount of times you go around the garment. You only have to go around the garment once compared to three times if you sew the fringe on by itself then use two stitches for the ribbon.